Thursday, October 1, 2009

September is for Ecology. :)

before anything else: i've read that livejournal will be undergoing a maintenance tomorrow at 11 am that's why i'm posting my blog entry here for backup, if in case livejournal will not be available by the time Sir Chris (or someone else) checks the entry, he will still be able to see it.. here. YEAH. yan ang gamit ng blogspot, BACKUP. haha. :)

if it's not obvious, this entry is written for a contest. enjoy. :D

* * *


It's the first day of October today and it's my mom's birthday! :) happy birthday, Mom. ♥ Since September is already done and you all know (well, if you're reading my entries from time to time, you know this. :P) that i've been so busy this month, i want to share with you a rundown of the whole month of September, the Ecology month of my school, CDBS. We'll exclude the activities I encountered which weren't under the umbrella of Ecology month first, okay? I'll just post another entry about them, or perhaps I wont, because I've updated you about it already as the days of September come and go. :)

Okay, let me see.. The Ecology month was launched one Monday morning assembly of the highschools at the Gym. They presented an overview of what's coming for the month by having a CNN-like news report. It was done by the 4th year students, particularly ate Bea and Djyrah, kuya Cholo, and others whose names I forgot. They prepared a recorded interview with the teachers that explained the upcoming contests for every level. Here's a rundown of it:

CONTESTS, are you up for them?
1st year: all i can remember is it is about launching a rocket, the ones which are made of plastic bottles and such. i don't know the exact objectives and flow of the contest but yeah, there were afternoons where in you would just hear people screaming and shouting while you see an improvised rocket fly up the sky and fall back down.
2nd year: I am not updated about the sophomore's contest but then one thing's for sure--it involves a debate. :)
3rd year: Ours is called Chemistry Challenge. We had eliminations per class, the group who wins will be the representative. I experienced the elimination round and it was fun. Weighing, transferring liquid, determining which one has sodium in it, and grouping elements. My group was so close to winning, too bad we messed up in grouping the given elements. Roniel's group was our representative and I heard that Mornese won the challenge.. well, congratulations!
4th year: Although I wasn't updated with the senior's contest, I know that it is a tamiya racing for boys, and spool racing for girls. :)


Fun, right? What made the launch more appealing was the graphics/presentation they used, I don't know who made it, but wow, they're reaally good. Another charm of the launch was the Anchor reporters. They delivered what they had to say with confidence and emotions enough to make us excited with the month.

There were a whole lot more of contests open for highschool students. Poster making, mandala making, mixed media, painting, photography, essay writing, blog writing, and diorama. I joined the mandala making and blog writing. I can't say much about how the events went because I was having my class retreat the day the contests were held. I made my entry for mandala just this morning, the moment I got back to school from the retreat. I saw the diorama, painting, and poster entries and they were amusing. Every entry has its own appeal to the observer and they all held one main theme: GO GREEN NOW.


Another highlight of the Ecology month was the bulletin board contest. Each classroom was asked to do a makeover to their bulletin boards and transform them into a bulletin board carrying the theme go green now using Eco-friendly, recyclable stuff. We were also asked to post our promises to mother nature there, preferably by making a tree. I think the winner wasn't announced yet. See, I'm really not that updated (but updated enough to update you. haha. gulo ko.)with what's happening inside the campus because of being continuously in-demand. HAHA. i've been out doing my own thing almost every day because of certain competitions.

My favorite event for the Ecology month was the YES! Camp. grabe. this was super fun despite of the bad weather during the camp proper. We had a talk, some games, socializing, and a lot more. It was fun for me mainly because I got the chance to bond with my friends and schoolmates the eco-friendly way. naks. I haven't had a lot of sleep that time because I had a girltalk session with my friends, not that it matters. XD We went home earlier than we're meant to be though, because of the weather. Because of Ondoy. But all in all, it was a great experience. ♥

As I've said earlier, September has ended. But that doesn't mean that Ecology month ends, too. I believe that what our school's observing the past month should be obtain for the rest of the year to help Mother Earth and to let the students enjoy and appreciate nature. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should still have those contests, what I mean is application. Do I make sense? I hope I do. With the help of YES! Organization and every student's cooperation, September's theme Go Green Now will continue to reign.

***

So yeah, who read the whole thing? sorry if it's long. ♥

alyssa. (and then i thought of placing my signature here LOL.)

No comments: